Monday 30 March 2020

Self isolating 3

I watch people walking their dogs through the window, others jogging by and some walking for their daily exercise. I am stuck at home and wish I could go for a walk. Of course with me I live on a house with a garden which I can walk around in the fresh air. Even cutting the grass and digging my vegetable patch means I am getting exercise. I have to feel really sorry for those who live in apartments with no access to the outside.
My seed potatoes are on the windowsill chatting up. When they are ready to plant I hope the cold snap is over. I have planted some French beans in pots to bring on. My daughter gave me a pack of seeds with different plants like striped tomatos and purple carrots. I will plant these in pots soon.
Every day I undertake the exercises I was given by the heart smart medics after my heart attack. I hope this is helping keep me fit. I have been weighing myself regularly and do not appear to be putting on weight.
On Sunday it was strange not going to church. We watched a service which had been posted on line. It was different without a congregation. It reminded me of a paragraph in my novel Running After Maria. James has been through a really bad time, he suffers from depression and lashes out at anybody who tries to help. One day he goes to church something he has not done for years and hears this passage from the bible:
" Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." 
It makes him see life in a different light. Maybe we all need something like this to help us through the  times we are enduring.

We have wonderful neighbours who are shopping for us and bringing us cakes the girls have baked. And a friend who has fetched my repeat prescription from the pharmacy.
Ha well back to watching people walk by!

No comments:

Post a Comment