Monday 13 April 2020

Self isolating 4

I have been not leaving the house and garden for such a time now that I have started to organise my life.
I have found some exercise sessions for the over 60s on you tube and put myself through one of these every other day. If it does not get me fit at least it makes me feel I am doing the right things.
There are performances streamed by the Natinal Theatre and the Royal Opera House which I have started to watch. Last week One Man Two Governors and Cosi Fan Tutti. Next it is Jane Ayre.
It was a shame that church was shut. It is not the same watching a service via you tube especially Easter Sunday. That said I have nothing but praise for the service streamed on you tube.
Keeping in touch with the family is difficult. Face time video phone calls and messenger are helpful. At least we see our families especially the grand children.
I still watch people walking by and wish I could go out. I am sticking to the resolution that people over 70 and with health problems should not go out. As I have said before, at least we have a garden. The tomato seeds I planted are growing as is one corvette but my beans are not showing any signs of sprouting. I hear you say patience Edmund, patience. The seed potatoes I have p,anted a few weeks ago ate starting to show.
Having a routine Takes me back to when I was serving in the British merchant navy as chronicled in my book Tales From The Sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment