Sunday 22 March 2020

Self isolating 2

No church today because it is shut. Missed it terribly this morning especially meeting all my friends. Listened to the Archbishop of Cantebury instead and wondered why he was so miserable. He is supposed to be giving us all hope and up lifted spirits. The only problem was his message might be full of hope but it did not up lift me at all.
I was cheered when Jenny and Paul delivered the food shop they had ordered and picked up on our behalf. What a contrast to the selfish people who are grabbing what they can without any thought for other people. I have met many people like that in my long life but then you are suddenly confronted with somebody who does something out of kindness with no thought of reward. These are the people who deserve our admiration.
It is a blessing that be weather is dry and I can go into the garden. Not like people self isolating in flats with no outside.
Oh my lottery was fetched for me by a friend but unfortunately I had no numbers. I was not using my lucky pen though my daughter laughs at the suggestion of a lucky pen as I very rarely win any thing.
Trust everybody is following the advise and keeping their distance or staying away from other people. Our friend is on a nursing home but we cannot visit which is a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment