Saturday 21 March 2020

Self isolating

Day three of self isolating
It is Saturday and the restrictions are starting to come home to me. Tuesday was supposed to be my Heart Smart gym day which was cancelled. Wednesday a trip to the cinema was not possible. Thursday I was not able to play darts which may have been a blessing because we are second bottom and playing the top team! Then Friday my creative writing class was cancelled. Today there is no football on the television or at the King Power stadium. Tomorrow will not be the same when we have no church to go to.
On the bright side it has been dry and I have been able to cut the grass and help Anne start to tidy the garden. Also my book of short stories  The Cigar and Other Stories the proof copy has arrived. I will have plenty of time to make sure all is correct.
We are blessed with neighbors and friends who have rallied round to do shopping and get my lottery ticket. People are so kind in contrast to the savages who are hoarding food and stripping supermarkets. How much of this food will be thrown away? How selfish can people get? Even more worrying are the reports of younger people pushing old people out of their way to grab food. Is this a product of the me first age which comes from so called celebrities.

No comments:

Post a Comment