Tuesday 15 December 2020

Missing cat

 Cleo our three legged cat went out last Wednesday and has not come back. She has three legs because she came home months ago with a broken leg which the vet told us would not mend. He se the need to amputate. She was progressing well learning how to walk on three legs. She was upset in not being able to chase the squirrels off our garden or stalk the birds any more. We thought she would be content to stay in our garden but she was soon going to visit the rest of the Avenue. There was no way we could keep her in. 

It is a strange thing but there are certain times when I really miss her. When I get up in the morning to make a mug of tea for us both to sit in bed and drink, she was waiting at the door having gone out early. Every morning I expect her to be there waiting but my heart sinks when the patio is empty. I have noticed that a robin comes to sit on the wall round the patio now she has not been around for a week almost.

I live in hope that she will turn up though my hope is fading. There has to be a story in there somewhere. 


No comments:

Post a Comment