Monday 4 April 2016

For The Love Of Pauline by Eddie Gubbins

I received the copies of my thriller For the Love of Pauline the other day from www.createspace.com. Thursday, I was showing it to one of my darts team. They asked me how I came up with the idea for the book which made me think. The idea first cam when I was reading about somebody dying of a drugs over dose. The police caught the immediate suppliers but there was no mention of the drug baron. Later I read about criminals who are seemingly above the law. From this idea of one of Ken Flood's daughter dying of a contaminated drug supplied at a night club and using this incident to start a search for the real killers grew into the plot of the novel. Obviously the story expanded, took unexpected directions and at times the characters took over but essentially I followed my idea.
" It is six years since Ken Flood helped his brother Norman when he was running a short course in Mengambwe. When he returned home his daughter Pauline was kidnapped and then exchanged for Ken. When the perpetrators had been caught, his wife Doreen obtained an injunction banning him from having any contact with his daughters. His daughter Pauline dies from using some contaminated drugs. The police do nothing to apprehend the drug dealers. Ken sets out to find out who supplied the drugs which killed his daughter. He gets help from his brother Norman but they are pulled into the unfamiliar world of drug dealers. It is not long before they become the target of international  criminals involved with drugs, money laundering and people trafficking. Determined to find out who killed Ken's daughter , the brothers ignore the dangers and continue their search through the underworld."





Available from Amazon and kindle.



No comments:

Post a Comment